Swimming lessons started last Monday.
Leah did very well in her lessons, she was happy to be in the class with her very good friend Hailee. They both did a good job but towards the end of the week the pilot light on the water heater started going out so the water wasn't as warm. The poor little kids were shivering pretty bad at their 11 am lessons.
There were six kids in the class ranging in age from 3-4. It was the pre class and they learned Monster Arms, floating on their back and dunking their head under the water.
In the middle of the week I decided to take Leah to the pool so that we could work on what she was learning in her lessons. I had bought her a pair of goggles and thought I would see how she did with them on. WOW! Who knew goggles would make such a difference, she turned into a little fish and was literally diving off of the little step and swimming under water! She was doing such a good job! I would stand about ten feet away from her and we would dive under the water together and swim to each other until we bonked heads. She loved it!
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to put Hailee and Leah in the same class, there was a lot of distractions, like hugging. :)
I think I may have to put her in lessons again next year but it probably won't be in Ashton, most likely down at the college in Rexburg. But we had a good time and Leah has definitely improved in her swimming skills.
Last weekend we had some friends come from Rexburg for a little getaway in Ashton. We showed them the farm and gave them the full Ashton adventure.
The Ericksons have a cute little boy named Lincoln who was very happy to be on the farm, he wanted to get on every piece of farm equipment and show his dad what a big boy he was.
The next day we went swimming at the pool then to feed the fish at Warm River and then to Lower and Upper Mesa Falls.
On Saturday my mom called in the afternoon and invited us to a semi-formal tea party where we were to dress up (hair done) and wear a hat. I got the girls ready, put on their little hats, made a makeshift hat for myself and headed to Grandmas for the party.
There we found a very cute little table all set up for a very special tea party. Lots of fine tea cups and saucers and delicious tea party food.
We've been working on Leah smiling when I ask her to for a picture, usually she pulls faces like this:
Or like this:
Oh well, I guess someday she'll learn that I just simply want her to smile.
In the time it took for my mom to bring out the tea and lemons Leah and Lily ate several cookies and made a pretty good dent in the bowl of cantaloupe.
It was pretty hard for Grandpa to stay away from all of the good food so he joined in the party but of course he had to wear a hat!
After indulging on chocolate chip cookies, fruit, egg salad sandwiches, pasta and crab salad etc. the girls decided to take a turn about the gardens. They do this almost on a daily basis. The girls love Grandma's flowers and helping Grandma take care of them.
The girls wandered with Grandma while I took pictures of her beautiful flowers.
Maybe someday we'll have a fun yard like Grandma's with beautiful flowers, a white picket fence and places for tea parties. Thanks Grandma for a fun summer day!














3 comments:
Oh these pictures are precious. So beautiful. I wish I could have been at the tea party. I would have had to find a hat though. The girls are as charming as ever. I wish I could see them and hold them tight. Keep posting.
Too Fun!! I loved the little tea party! I need to do that with Hailee one day. Also we are missing swimming with you guys already! We need to go again soon. Maybe it can be at our house with our own little pool...
Your mom has so many flowers in bloom. My garden is all bloomed out! The girls are adorable! Wish you all had been down for the birthday. But hope to see you all soon.
Post a Comment