Friday, May 17, 2013

Springing Forward

A lot has been happening here in the last couple of months! Our sweet little, full of spunk Lily turned four on April 12th. We had grandparents and a super fun Rapunzel cake picked out by her dad. Way to go Andrew! Leah was very mindful that it was Lily's birthday and wanted to make sure that her day was special.







We love ice cream cakes at our house though we don't get them very often. Lily received lots of fun gifts from everyone and has enjoyed them a lot since.


My little pony toys from Leah and Russell. 


Jump rope, beanbag and ball and bat from mom and dad.


A homemade apron from Grandma Baum and a pink John Deere hat from Grandpa Baum.


Lily also got a beautiful pieced quilt from Grandma Baum. It is beautiful and Lily sleeps with it every night. 


Grandma and Grandpa Schauerhamer and Emily came too, they gave Lily some money to go towards a gift she can pick out herself. Thanks everyone for the thoughtful gifts!


A short Lily story related by Grandma Baum
During a little chat with Lily yesterday, she asked me if I knew the word "ridicklious.". I said yes, but what does it mean? She said, "you know, like ridiculous things are ridiculous.". I said like wearing striped socks with a polka-dot dress is ridicklious?" And then she gave me that look that said, Grandma, I'm trying to be serious here.

The weather has been pretty dry and windy lately but one Sunday evening it was pretty calm and the lighting was beautiful so I sent everyone outside to get some fun pics.













I sure love my little family! 

Dance classes have been going really well and we have been preparing for the dance recital next week. I hope the girls remember their dances and don't get nervous up on stage.


I took the dancer's pictures last Saturday morning. They all looked so cute and the girls were very excited to be in their costumes and all dolled up.






We would love to see you at the recital! If you can't come I'll be sure to get a video of it so that everyone can see the dances the girls and I have been working so hard on.

2 comments:

Miranda Gutierrez said...

Love seeing the pictures of the girls! Wish we could come see the dancers :) hopefully this summer!

Whit said...

They all look adorable. I can't wait to see them again.