
You are probably wondering why I have a big picture of Andrew on MY birthday post, well it's all because of him that it was so wonderful. The day started out at 9 in the morning when Leslie showed up at the door with donuts, asiago bagels, fruit and orange juice. That was a pleasant surprise, especially because I haven't seen her in quite some time and we used to be inseparable. We ate and enjoyed our breakfast and then she had to go because she had work soon. So Andrew and I got ready and went over to Josh and Stacy's house to finish up their project. Andrew and I started digging up the grass yesterday to make Stacy a lovely garden plot.

We had to dig up chunk after chunk of sod and then lay it next to the garden. We planned on taking it over to Sara's to help fill in her dirt gaps but I guess they decided to throw it back on the lawn and till it under. They probably won't be able to plant anything in the garden this year because it's a little too late but next year it will be ALL ready. Andrew and Josh also put in an extra sprinkler line so that the garden would get fully watered. Meanwhile, I'm not feeling so well (I have a cold) and I took some DayQuil, or the equivalent, let's just say I was pretty out of it. But amongst the spacey-ness I went to DownEast Outfitters with Stacy and Bridgette to do some birthday shopping. I found a really cute shirt and so that was my birthday present from them. Later that evening Andrew asked me to come upstairs and help with dinner because he was so excited to show me all that he had prepared. He had gone to CostCo and bought every possible kind of shrimp there is. He had the shrimp cocktail, Japanese Panko shrimp, shrimp kabobs, and even shrimp for shrimp scampi. Sara brought her delicious tuna pasta salad and Stacy made the cake. Josh provided the fire for the kabobs and fried shrimp. Andrew found the recipe for the shrimp kabobs on Food Network. He made them the day before and was soo excited to make them. It was cute.
Click on the link to get the recipe for these delicious shrimps!
After the delicious food Jonas and Gabe's couldn't take the heat anymore and jumped into the pool. I thought I would take their picture with my new.......

~CAMERA~
Yes, Andrew bought me a new digital camera, it's a Canon and I love it. I didn't ever tell everyone about the incident at Sara's with my old digital camera. I accidentally set the sprinkler's on it for about 5 minutes. Yeah, it got pretty soggy. I was taking pictures of the retaining wall and then set it down and then put the sprinklers on to cool off. We weren't able to take the camera to Bear Lake (we did take the video camera). Well, when we got back we tried the camera and it actually works. I still needed a new camera just the same though because it took very dark pictures but it was an AWESOME camera I loved having it. I took soo many great pictures with that camera! I'm so glad that my parents gave it to me! Thanks Mom and Dad!
I also got a fun game and some clothes and flip flops, and a candle. It was a very good birthday and to top it off I got a lovely, and I mean LOVELY lemon poppyseed cake! Thanks Stacy for making it. It happens to be my favorite!

Thanks everyone for making my birthday soo wonderful. And thanks Andrew for planning such a special day for me! I love you!
6 comments:
What a beautiful birthday cake..! Glad you had a Happy Birthday, sounds like you live the life ;).. Can't wait to see you in your new shirt tomorrow!
Did the camera accident happen recently or was it a while ago?
Sounds like you had a great birthday! See you soon.
You and Andrew are amazing! My garden is so perfect, I can't wait to use it next year!
Sorry I missed your birthday. I was thinking about it a few days before your birthday (like right after Zach's), and told myself to remember it, but obviously I spaced it! Happy Late Birthday. It sounds like you had a good one though--you got to spend it with family! :)
Happy Birthday! I was thinking how we are trning 24 this year and I got depressed. Next year is 25 and I always thought that was "old". Glad you had a great day and tell the hubby "Great Job!"
Happy late B-day, Morgan!!!
Post a Comment