Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Days

The past few summer days have included a lot of corn on the cob! The girls love it and so do I! It's a good thing I planted some in my garden, if it will really produce? well that's a different matter.
BTW Notice how grimey they are! They get so dirty everyday that it's pointless to take showers/baths, they would be taking them at least 5 times a day)
Did I mention Lily now knows where her nose is? Well this is her showing me. When I first uploaded this picture onto my computer and saw the little thumbnail and I could have sworn it was Leah, the outfit plus the really blond hair just made me think "Leah". I guess they really are sisters.

I also mentioned in the previous post that I got into making these cute little headbands. It's too bad neither one wants to wear them that long. Oh well they fit me too and I think when the girls get older they will really like them. For now I have to hurry and snap pictures before they rip them off.
It's fortunate that I have such a cute model to show off my crafts!
If anyone wants a headband I will make one for you, just tell me what colors and what you want and I'll whip it up for you. It happens to be my stress reliever so request away!
She prefers the hat though.


So where is Andrew during all this? Well he's catching large Sphinx moths and placing them on our one year old's back and making me take a picture. That's where he is. Being Andrew.... :)

7 comments:

Whit said...

If I was requesting a hairthing(which I am) it would be pink and green. What a pretty combo. I am glad that you are so talented. It makes me think if my Mom when I was younger. She made us all kinds of hair things. I love seeing the girls grow up. They really are adorable.

Anne Adele said...

When I first saw the moth picture I thought that you had put a tattoo on your baby's back then I realized it was real and I was shocked again. That is a huge bug. The girls are growing like weeds and I love to see pictures of them. I have no need of pretty hair crafts I couldn't get my good looking grandsons to wear them. They have a decidedly different style.

liz and dennis said...

the girls are darling... growing so much. they look healthy and happy. the moth is quite creepy, however, on sweet little lily's back.

Stacy said...

What little cherubs. The head bands are very cute. Esme won't leave anything, and I mean anything in her hair.

sara said...

Oh my gosh, Lily is looking so much like Leah. They are truly looking like sisters these days. Why did Andrew have to use Lily's back as the backdrop? Just wondering. Why could he have not used his hand? Silly Daddy.

Alan and Shelley said...

Cute cute pictures. I'm requesting hair clips for the maids here. Bring over some cute ones with beautiful flowers and they will love you forever. The necklaces, polish, lipsticks, nail kits, body wash, dresses, and bags were a hit. I am alright and having a good time here planning my next few days. If only I had more food choices! Keep posting.

julie said...

super cute headbands! I love the picture with her in the hat! ...and the moth? oh my gosh, andrew! that's totally an andrew thing, ha ha! ..reminds me of the qtip...ha ha!