Friday, May 23, 2008

Sorry I haven't posted in a while!

Well lately it has been a little crazy. The school year is winding up for me but in a really busy way. We have been doing several labs in class including: an entire lab done without our thumbs (tieing shoes, shuffleing decks of cards, safety pinning, etc.), worm dissections (I informed my students about the summer nightcrawling experiences and they seemed to be grossed out by the thought that someone would actually go out looking for these guys)





and frog dissections, and today a lab on evolution where the kids are going to be fishing for food in aquariums (this happens to be my personal favorite). Well it has been crazy and it has been really nice to think that I have finished yet another year of teaching.





Leah is doing really well she seems more alert than ever and I believe will be a great dancer. Everytime she hears music she starts going crazy. She bounces and waves her arms around. She is darling I can't wait until I can spend all summer with her. By the way she is up to 14 pounds! Our little heavy weight! yeah right...





We, Leah and I, are heading up to Idaho after school today. We hope that it's a safe trip. Andrew can't come because he has an organic chemistry test on Saturday morning and an ecology test on Tuesday. He has to spend the days studying. I hope he does study and not watch his new favorite TV show, Gilmore Girls. Yes he's a fan.... :)





Our last day of school is on the 4th and then I have Girl's Camp on the 6th and 7th. Yeah for those of you who didn't know I am a girls camp counselor and I get to go! It should be fun especially since we are going to a really nice cabin which has a nursery all for Leah. You might also be wondering is that really girls camp? I say no but what can I do about it... nothing. That's how they do it here in the city. city slickers.... sheesh! anyways, Leah and I will be very busy in the next few weeks and I hope that I will have time to post what's happening. If not expect one on the 8th!

3 comments:

Miranda Gutierrez said...

Hey, i'm coming up on Wednesday the 4th and staying until Saturday. I know you'll be at Girl's Camp, but will I be able to see you at least one night?

Victoria said...

Hey! Your baby is such a cutie. Sounds like life is going great. Can you believe my baby is 3?! Well, gotta go play cars with Deacon. Check out my new blog @ viclowe.blogspot.com

Kenny and Jamie Garrett said...

I loved doing dissections and other cool labs like that! I start my immunology lab in a few weeks and it sounds like it will be interesting cause we will be working a lot with rabbits and guinea pigs. Last semester in Anat. and Phys. we got to perform an overectomy (spell?) on rats while they were anesthetized, then a week later, open them up again, take out their uterus and weigh it. I guess you could say that was my first surgery! It was pretty cool.