Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wedding, Yellowstone, and the Idaho State Fair

So we had a pretty packed weekend. It was full of fun stuff that I love, weddings, Yellowstone park and State Fairs. Before we get into that I thought I would show you what Leah loves doing lately.

Yeah she can stand all of the time now. We are just trying to get her to take the steps. I'm sure it will be really soon though. 
She is an UBER climber. She loves to climb all over things so that she can get where she wants. This time she used the weights to reach to the second shelf. 
Andrew, Leah and I went to the sealing for Josh Hawkes and Kelsey Hawkes. They were sealed in the SLC temple and it was beautiful.  Of course. 
While we were waiting for them to come out we thought we would snap a few pictures. 




And out they came. I have to admit it was really weird for me to see Josh so chummy with a girl. I have never seen him act like that! As Zack would say, it was "weewy wewd"!

They are a beautiful couple and I'm thinking they are MFEO. (made for each other) 
We went to their reception in Burley. It was a beautiful reception. I was skeptical of their colors at first but in the end I did like the red and orange together. 
Another shot. 
Their beautiful cake. 
And this was the last thing I saw before we left. I hear they danced afterwards and had a party. But we were on our way to Ashton still and didn't want to arrive too late. 
Well we brought Kelsie with us and she was a big help with Leah and to keep us entertained. Especially when she showed us her talent of shoving a whole plum in her mouth. 


We decided to go to Yellowstone Park on Saturday and had a blast. It was just Andrew, me, Zack, Kelsie and Leah, of course. 
We went to the Old Faithful Lodge and had the lunch that we had packed. Click on this picture to see the hilarious face of my husband. What a goof!
Good ol Old Faithful. Faithful as ever!
Leah trying on a two thousand dollar headress. 

We saw all the geysers of course. 






Leah didn't make it the whole way and got a little drowsy. So did everyone else but we had more to see. 

Sorry the picture is sideways but this is what Leah thought of the geysers. 

Back at the house we had a delicious meal with a ton of vegetables from the garden. Those are my favorite. Leah loved the corn as you can see. 
On Monday, Labor Day, we knew we had to go home anyways so we decided to stop at the Idaho State Fair on our way. My parents and Zack came along. We knew that it would be wet and rainy so my mom pulled out this cute coat that she had bought for Leah for nine dollars. What a bargain! We really needed it because it was pretty darn cold. 
Notice the shoe on her foot, that was one of zack's old shoes and it fit her. It's fun to find old clothes and things that we had as babies. 
We went and visited Grandma Baum a couple of times and Leah got quite comfy. She fell right to sleep as soon as she got in her lap. 
Kelsie was a little distracted by all of the cats around and was tempted to take a few home. But fortunately for Josh and Stacy, she didn't. 

At the fair, Leah enjoyed riding on Grandpa's shoulders. That way she could see all the stinky animals. I like going through all of the animals especially when I run into some friends! We were in the horses barn and ran into my friends, Kim and Nick Barney. They bring down their shire horses and show them. They are beautiful horses. 

The last thing we saw at the fair was my mom's beautiful quilt that she pieced together. It is amazing! I love it and wish that she had room in her house to hang it up for all to see. She spent a lot of time on it and I think all her hard work paid off, it's so cute!


7 comments:

sara said...

It looks like you guys had an amazing weekend. I am glad that you were able to go and have such a good time. Are you up for a little Utah State Fair or are you faired out.

Stacy said...

Where are you? Did you go on that trip? I guess someone had to be the photographer!

Giles Fam said...

HOLY SHNIKEYS!! Josh got married!? That is "weewy weewd" or whatever you said. :) Cute pics, though. I particularly like the shot of Leah plugging her nose. Totally classic. And your mom's quilt is GORGEOUS!!! I love quilts. Too fun!

Desiree said...

I've been trying to sound out the "weewy weewd" to figure out how to say it, so I'll have to have you say it for me next time I see you...(probably Christamas time!) Leah is so cute; we couldn't help getting a kick out of her screeching during sacrament meeting. Gotta love 'em.

Anne Adele said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time last weekend. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Why didn't I know that your Mom had entered a quilt in the state fair. It's great quilt with good colors and lots of movement. I'd love to see it in person.

Whit said...

Andrew, I have a computer question. The computer won´t play the dvds. Its says that the decoder doesn´t work. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do. Its a members computer, and they can´t fix it, I said I could help. Let me know whit

Alan and Shelley said...

Morgan,
I just came accross a news clip from the fair of Kim and Nick's draft horses http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=8954533

Dad