Over the Thanksgiving break we (Andrew's sister's and I) had a baby shower for Andrew's Sister Julie. She is expecting a baby boy in January and since I've been making quilts lately I decided to make one for her out of this super cute, very boy fabric. With the help of Aunt Jennifer for the quilting, this is how it tunred out. I love it!
I was really excited to give it to Julie and she loved it! I was so relieved, I hope she knows how much I love her and am so happy and excited for her.
The shower was cheese themed because her husband, Ian loves cheese and I guess they just wanted him to feel involved, even though he wasn't invited. :) Anyway it turned out really fun and with lots of fun guests and of course lots of CHEESE!
Notice David carrying of Crystal, she didn't want to leave and that's the only way David could get her out of the house. They live in Washington and had to start the drive after the shower. It was so good to see them.
Here are all of the girls in the family minus Mary Ann, Janet and Joanie. I feel so blessed to have married into this family full of girls, they truly are my sisters. I love them and I love how fun they are.
I took these pictures for cousin Stacy and sister Crystal and their two little bugs are McKenzie and Spencer. This picture reminded me about this picture I just found on Facebook and I thought I would share it with you since it kind of blows my mind. It's of all of the Hawkes cousins except for two (Stacy and Jennifer) who had babies in an 18 month time. Crazy!
After all the guests left from the shower the real party began.
The kids went crazy and started doing somersaults all over the floor, not worrying about what or WHO they ran into! Quite entertaining!
The kids went crazy and started doing somersaults all over the floor, not worrying about what or WHO they ran into! Quite entertaining!
And it's not a real party without a good ol' doggy pile on Uncle Ian. All he wanted was a good back message and he got a wild ride instead. What good day!






















2 comments:
WOW! Sounds like you are a good friend to have when you are expecting!! : ) Just kidding...but that shower and quilt are amazing! I'm so jealous how you seem to just whip those out. Mine always seem to take me forever. You are awesome!
The quilt did turn out very well. I'm glad that Julie loves it.
Post a Comment