Monday, December 20, 2010

Twas December

We decided this year that it was time to get a fake Christmas tree. As fun as it was last year to go out and chop our own down, I knew that I wanted the ease and "perfect"-ness of a prelit artificial tree. We were lucky enough to find the perfect one at Home Depot even without seeing it on display. I figured since it was Martha Stewart brand and only one left that it was probably a good one. I was right, it's beautiful, holly berries, pine cones and all.


We decorated the rest of our house with all of the trimming. Even though I have two little Cindy Lou Whos, I expect the Grinch won't try to steal our Christmas cheer.

Last weekend we decided to go down to Utah to see some family and for Andrew to get his game in a few board game shops. We thought it was a good time to go see the Christmas lights at temple square. It was relatively warm but the crowds were many. We had a good time though with my parents and the girls loved every bit of it.



Back at home this week I had scouts on Tuesday and knew I wanted to have them do something festive, so I pulled out my Christmas craft books and came upon Christmas Cookie Puzzles. Turned out to be a fun idea and I was excited to have my scouts try it out. I hauled all the stuff down there and showed them my example. They thought it was cool and then started on their own. Some needed more help than others.

Once they came out of the oven I asked them to get some baggies so they could take their puzzle pieces home to show their family their puzzles. They immediatly said, "um... no I'd rather just eat them" and they did just that without even trying to put their puzzles together. WHATEVER!!! Boys are so different from girls, all I could think of was my cousin Hannah and how if she had made these cute puzzle cookies that she would have kept it the whole Christmas vacation. Oh well.

Also last week my mom got the girls a little Gingerbread train for them to put together at her house. They had a good time sticking the little candies EVERYWHERE! At first I tried to make sure it looked just like the one on the box but then I just decided the girls could do whatever they wanted and it was much more fun that way.


 

My two little Cindy Lou Whos like Christmas a lot.

3 comments:

liz and dennis said...

i like the idea of christmas cookie puzzles... i think i might have to try that. i loved seeing pictures of the girls decorating gingerbread too. how fun that looks.

Anne Adele said...

Gingerbread trains. That sounds like so much fun. I can't believe those boys didn't want to show off their work and hard labor to the Moms at home. I'll bet they weren't even hungry. They just wanted something in heir mouths. The dresses are so cute. I like that they aren't traditional Christmas colors. The dresses are so graphic and they go with your little Dr. Seuss girls.

sara said...

The dresses are as cute on your girls as they were on Maren and Esme. I love the pictures. What beautiful girls. What about their red dresses? I am hoping to see some pictures in those. I can't wait to see pictures of Christmas Day. Hope you have a great Holiday week.