Saturday, November 26, 2011

Inside and Outside

A week or so ago my mom and I went down to Idaho Falls to do some shopping and we went into one of our favorite stores, Porter's to get some good ideas for Christmas, and good ideas I did find! I found this really fun little advent Christmas tree made out of wood. It has 24 little drawers for 24 little gift/treats. I bought some paint and some beautiful Christmas scrapbook paper to decorate it and this is how it turned out. I love it and am so excited to find some things to put inside the drawers for the girls. 


This November has been considerably less snowy compared to last year, remember our incident with coming all the way home from Ethiopia and not being able to make it the last mile to our house due to a horrible snowstorm? Well this year has been very mild but we do still have some snow, maybe a 4-5 inches is all but enough for the girls to enjoy making snow angels and forts.




We made the short walk from our house to Grandma and Grandpa's house and in that time I'm thinking there were at least 20 snow angels made.






After their fun in the snow, the girls went inside and enjoyed some delicious hot cocoa with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm just glad that they lasted as long as they did, they seem to really enjoy the snow and ask each day since then if they can go out and play, I send them out gladly!

We had Stake Conference this past weekend and the girls were looking very sweet and  grown up in their Sunday dresses and I wanted to get a picture of both of them together but it turned out being more difficult than I expected. I had to resort to just getting car shots and Lily's is even blurry. Oh well, they still look cute. 



I can't believe how much my girls have grown, Lily is doing so well on the potty and I'm so relieved that we have no one in diapers, that hasn't been the case for just over four years! Hooray! 
Leah continues to draw on everything and is doing some really great work on the gift from the Waller's from her birthday. She is so smart and very creative. We love both our girls and feel so blessed that they are in our home. 

1 comment:

Alan and Shelley said...

The advent calendar turned out really nice. I'm glad you did it. The snow angels are all blown away from that wind that came during the weekend. I need to have some more angels made in my yard.