Monday, April 16, 2012

Lily Girl's Birthday!

Lily's Birthday was last Thursday and since we were having a party with the Schauerhamer's on Friday we decided we needed to do something fun on her actual birthday, we decided to go down to Rexburg and go bowling at Fat Cats. Despite the troubles at the beginning with them confiscating the cupcakes I made and our bowling lane having some troubles we ended up having a really good time. 




Grandma and Grandpa Baum came with us and it had been a long time since we'd all been bowling together. The girls had a really good time and Mom's bowling skills she learned back in college are still in full swing.

By the second game there were quite a few people in the alley and one of the employees decided to challenge the bowlers and offer free stuff if they could do certain things while bowling. It started with just having to make a strike first. We missed that one but the next one was you had to bowl granny style (through the legs) backwards and make a strike. Andrew, on his turn got up and does it! So he won a free movie ticket! Awesome! 

Then a few other things were required but then the guy said that you had to have a partner and use your feet to bowl. At that point it was one of the girl's turns but they had lost interest and we wanted to win again so even though it was Lily's turn and the gutter guards were up we asked if that was alright and the guy said yes and low and behold Andrew and Dad working together made a strike passing it from one to the other and making a strike all with their feet! Each one a free glow in the dark golf pass. 
Then it was my turn and I bowled and noticed the guy going to get some hula hoops from behind the counter, I was watching him when he announced that he needed three volunteers, I ran right up and was one of the volunteers to be challenged to a hula hoop contest. The hula hoops were all bent and terrible so it took me and the other two guys about three chances before we could actually determine a winner, by the third time I realized I needed to use my growing belly to my advantage, I did and ended up hula-ing for the longest and won myself an extra-large bright yellow, Mellow Yellow t-shirt. :)
So at this point mom was the only one who hadn't won anything, did I mention there were a ton of people there and it wasn't like we were just competing against a few other people, it was kind of funny. Anyway the next challenge was to bowl the slowest ball and knock over the most balls in one throw. So mom rolled hers and ended up knocking over six pins and her record held for two minutes so she won! Her prize was kind of lame, a medium soda, but it was fun that we all won something. 


Amidst all that fun we got our cupcakes back from the manager, had some pizza and breadsticks and celebrated little Lily's birthday. 




She got a bag full of fun stuff from Grandma and Grandpa, Crayons, coloring book, kids scissors, socks and a very cute doggy purse. All have been used already. What a good birthday!

The next day was the birthday dinner at our house with the Schauerhamers. We decided to use our grill and have hamburgers, hot dogs, watermelon, green salad and potato salad. It was all very yummy! 


After dinner, Lily blew out the candles on her Blue's Clues cake (a paw print if you can't tell) and she did her own candles. :)






After cake and ice cream I gave Lily three Blue's Clues, on the back were pictures of the three places her presents were hidden.

The first was in the bathtub, a gift from Grandma and Grandpa Baum and a gift from Aunt Sara that came in the mail! 

Lily was very excited to open this one because she knew it had come all the way from Utah, the picture I took of the clothes that were inside is super blurry so I didn't post it. I'll have to get a picture of her in the outfit later and post it because it is very very cute. My camera has been on the fritz a bit lately because it was dropped twice at the bowling alley. :(

The other gift was garden tools, a shovel, rake and push broom. Perfect for Lily who loves to help outside. 


 The next clue led Lily to the dryer. She loved this little Blue's Clues hunt and both girls screamed pretty loud when they found the gifts. 


Inside was a large present with a wheelbarrow and sand toys, fun candy toys and a cute little colorful outfit, all from the Schauerhamers!


The third clue led them to the oven where they found our gift to Lily. 


Inside was Lily's own Gospel ABC Book, so now both Leah and Lily have their own to take to church. We also got her a cute summer outfit. :)


We had such a good time together and loved visiting with family. Thanks everyone for the gifts and fun. Lily has already put all to good use and loves dragging it all out hourly. :) Later the girls got to go to Grandma and Grandpa Baum's house for a sleepover. 

The next morning I went over to get them and saw that Lily was already out with Grandpa and Leah was anxious to get out there too. They love playing on the farm and climbing on all of the equipment. 









All I kept thinking while chasing the girls all over the farm is how much fun our little baby boy is going to have spending his summer days with his Farmer Grandpa and Dad. 


This whole time Andrew was in the shed working on a prize for the girls, their very own swing set! He's so handy with tools and random supplies found around the farm that he can whip up most anything I suggest. 



 The swing set is all done now and in our backyard so I'll have to get some pictures of it once the weather warms up a bit, it's pretty cold out there right now but I think later today the girls will get to go have fun on it. I hope the girls, especially Lily, had a good birthday weekend and enjoyed all the attention. We sure do love them both and are so proud of them for being such good girls.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday sweet Lily!

Margie and Andrew said...

Morgan! All the festivities looked sooo fun. That sounded like a blast at Fat CAts...the perfect kinda thing for you and the fam! I can't believe how "OLD" Lily and Leah for that matter have gotten since we moved there. Your little son WILL love going around the farm with his Farmer Dad and Grandpa. Still sooo excited you are having a boy! Hope your camera gets better!

sara said...

What fun birthday celebrations. It looks like Lily and Leah had great fun. What a cute Blues Clues Birthday. What fun hiding the gifts for her to find. Might become a new tradition, eh? What a handy daddy the girls have. I wish I had some of his handiness down my way. Give the girls a big hug for me.

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday, lovely Lily! When I bought my Easter Lily this year, I thought of her scary birth and how it all worked out. what a little blessing she is. Miss you guys tons.
I really do miss Andrew and the projects accomplished at my house!