This April has been the warmest since I can remember. The girls have really enjoyed playing outside in the sun and getting to use the trampoline and new swing set that Andrew made for them. He sure is creative when it comes to these projects, he only had to buy the chains, the rest was scraps on the farm.
Leah loves wearing the slip that I made for her to go under her Easter dress, she wears it like it is a ballerina costume. I made her go change shortly after I took these pictures, but i liked the way it looked and flowed while she jumped so she got a little photo shoot in her petticoat. :)
Spring planting is well underway and it has been such great weather that they already have all of the home place planted and have moved up above. The girls have been able to take lunches out with Grandma to Grandpa and have been enjoying running around outside and taking full advantage of living on a farm in spring.
I planted most of my garden two days ago, which seems so early, maybe I'll actually get some corn and tomatoes out of it this year. I only planted half of the space because I didn't think I could handle it being too big this year, the other half I left bare because the girls have enjoyed digging holes and building mounds in the dirt.
We had preschool at our house yesterday with 8 girls total, they have finished the alphabet and have moved onto colors, shapes etc. So we did colors at our house and did some fun activities mixing paints and colored water to make new colors. Leah catches on so quickly and soon knew the answers to the questions, that girl has a great memory. She also is very artistic and is able to draw pretty much anything that enters her little imagination. A lot of her drawings include mermaids lately, not sure what sparked that but she gets pretty detailed in them and makes up a little story to go along.
Lily has been doing a great job at making us laugh with all of her cute sayings, like Russell Ramonite (the name of our unborn son) and "This is sooo frustrating, Mom!" She often says this when she is trying to put on her shoes. She picks up on words so easily as well as songs, I often hear her singing either "Choose the Right" or "I Am a Child of God" when she is alone.
I thought it was about time to put together another one these little images of their recent favorites.

















3 comments:
I have loved this weather. What is amazing is that you have beaten me with the planting of your garden. I still have to get my tilled. The girls are as lovely as ever. What little rays of sunshine they are.
alright, what's up? your garden is planted before mine? what is the world coming to. is it global warming or just my own laziness manifesting itself. dennis and i did work on getting the tiller started this morning (dennis did the work, i handed him stuff) but that so exhausted us that we had to come in and take a nap. i have asparagus coming up but so far i have just eaten it raw while standing in the garden rather than exert the ambition to actually take it to the house and cook it.
your girls look so sweet, carefree and full of joy. i would love to see them.
I really loved looking at the pictures of lilly girl and leah but i was in shock when i started seeing pictures of my hometown! When did you parents move to az and where exactly do they live. I'm guessing they live in anthem because i recognized the community pool where i did my lifeguard test as a kid and i definitely recognized the floor lamps of castles and coasters before you even said that was where you went. That was a crazy blast for me. We'll need to talk about this more but i can't call you because it's way late. I love you!
Post a Comment