Christmas was wonderful! We had such a good time with family and doing so many fun activities I wasn't able to get pictures of it all. Hopefully I can remember all of the things we were able to do. First Christmas Eve was spent with the Hawkes family where we had a white elephant gift exchange, we were mostly excited about what we took which was an edited Star Wars DVD cover so that it depicted our faces instead of the actors. I was Luke Skywalker, Andrew was Han Solo, Lily was Obi Wan Kenobi, Leah was Princess Leia and Russell was Yoda. I did it in about 20 minutes so it's not great but it was fun to have Austin Hawkes open it at the party. As soon as Andrew's Mom saw it she snatched it right up and kept it for her own.
Christmas morning was so nice, we had my parents over and Zack to see what the kids got from Santa. We didn't wake up until around 8 and the girls had to be drug out of bed. Russell was the first awake and looked especially cute in his Baby's 1st Christmas jammies.
Leah got Legos and a golden crown from Santa and Lily got Play Doh and a special Christmas book, Russell got a fun toy and a book.
After opening gifts at our house we went over to my parent's to open gifts there, the girls got many nice things including new snow clothes and a children's sized blender. I got a really nice Cuisinart dutch oven and Andrew got a Roku for our television.
\
Mom made Dad a really nice family tree, unfortunately one side is missing a lot. One day I know we'll figure out those Armenian ancestors!
After a yummy breakfast we went down to spend the rest of the day with the Schauerhamers in Rexburg. There were lots of family there so they were still opening presents when we got there and I didn't get any pictures of the girls opening their presents, they got some really cute tutus from Grandma Schauerhamer. We had a really nice dinner with everyone and played lots of games and did some puzzles. It was a really nice low key Christmas and were blessed with nice gifts, thanks to everyone who gave us gifts we love and appreciate everything!
After Christmas the week was spent with the Schauerhamers for a family reunion in Bear Lake, also no pictures since I left my camera home accidentally and we also had a really good time swimming at Lava Hot Springs and sledding at the Sinks in Utah. Loved it all and we really enjoyed spending time with Andrew's siblings. Such good, funny, silly company! Wish we could spend more time all together we sure have a good time!
New Years Eve was spent in Rigby for the day playing fun games at the church with the Butikofers and the evening was spent at Brian and Laree Hawkes' house for their annual New Years Eve dinner. We played a great game of Minute to Win it and counted down the to the New Year! 2012 has been great with a lot of wonderful highlights.



















1 comment:
Morgan, I love the white elephant idea. That was great! The kids are beautiful and so much fun, I will miss them this month. I had such a great time having them stay with us, the kitties were pretty fun with your parents too!
Post a Comment