I was looking at the pictures on my camera and realized that I missed posting a few of my favorites so I thought I better play catch up and get them up. The first are from about a month and a half ago when the first snow fell here in Ashton. Andrew got so excited he got the girls dressed up and headed out to build some snowmen. I bundled up and headed out to take pictures.
The next few are from our trip to Las Vegas. We went down there the first part of October to attend our friend Charlyn's wedding. It was fun to go down there. I hadn't really ever had the true Vegas experience and now that we're back I think once was good enough for me. It was cool but a little too worldly for my taste. The coolest thing was that I kept thinking that I was going to end up on some CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episode. I love that show! Anyways we were able to meet up with my old roommates which was great.
Lily had to spend all of her time in the little snugli. She wasn't too happy by midnight that evening.
This picture kind of sums up our short vacay. It's not easy dragging two babies down the Vegas Strip! But at least I got this great picture!
So we stayed one night in Vegas and then headed back to my cousin Miranda's house in Cedar City. Leah stayed busy in the car by putting stickers.... EVERYWHERE!
Miranda was a great hostess. She suited Leah up with a nice apron and even gave her a kitty to snuggle with.
I just wanted to show how well Lily has been sitting up. This is actually back in October! I can't even remember why her hair was so greasy that it actually stood up on end but maybe it's best that I have forgotten.
The other day I told Leah that it was time for a nap so she grabbed these items and headed to her crib. I had to hurry and snap a picture. It reminds me of the picture of Banner with the crown, stuffed animal? and dinosaur fish catcher thing. Priceless.
Thanksgiving!
Well our Thanksgiving was great! We only had to travel down to Sugar City to Grandma Hawkes' house and it was a good thing Andrew and I arrived early because there was much to be done. So much, in fact, that I forgot to take any pictures! It was a wonderful meal. We had 31 people there and lots of yummy food. Especially them taters! (okay, I made the mashed potatoes) But they turned out really good!
Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, the Hawkes family and Schauerhamers had a little outing in Ashton to find some good ol' home grown Christmas trees. I was a little skeptical at first because I really wanted to have the Perfect looking Christmas tree. I had finally figured out the perfect way to decorate my little 6 foot fake tree and then Andrew says we have to go out and chop one down. Anyways I put up a bit of a fuss but in the end we now have a very live and very beautifully decorated tree around 8 feet tall up in our living room. I'll have to show pictures later. For now here are the pictures of our adventures.
Yes we dragged the girls along.
Emily and Joanie were good sports lugging around the girls and the chain saw and the tree.
We were there with another family that were friends of Grant and Heidi's and they had a little girl who was probably around 3 and a half and she befriended Leah. They clasped hands and became best buds. If I hadn't noticed, Leah would have climbed right into their van with them and headed home to Sugar City.
While we were out trekking over all of the dead fall, Andrew slipped and sliced his lip open with the chain saw. Yes, you've read correctly, chain saw. Fortunately it was not on at the time. :)
After everyone had found their trees and loaded them up, we all had a big snowball fight. Cousin Jason wanted to show that the snowball I threw at him really did go all the way down his back and into his pants. What a goof!
The whole group! Overall it was pretty fun and we'll have to see if it turns into an annual Christmas tradition.
Fun times.














2 comments:
Oh those pictures of the girls are so cute. Particularly the last one. what little angels. I can't wait for Christmas. You are looking pretty good yourself. Give the girlies a little hug from Auntie Sara
Hahaha! I have a great one of you too, so watch out! Just kidding. Your girls are adorable. Way to go with the Christmas tree cutting, I think it's the only way to go.
Post a Comment