Our President's Day weekend started last Thursday when we traveled down to Utah to attend a game convention (SaltCon). Before you pass judgement on our geekiness just keep in mind that Andrew did produce a board game and we have to get it out there somehow! We decided last month we were going to attend and even have a booth selling Karnaxis. It turned out to be a really fun weekend partly because we decided to stay at the Little America hotel. It was close to the game convention which was north of the U, we also decided it was time for a little getaway even if it was with our girls. They loved it because there was a nice indoor pool! We loved it because the snowy weather we are having here in Ashton is getting a little outta control!
(btw it snowed over a foot while we were gone... well what can you do?)
Yes, I know Leah has a two piece swimming suit... but she just looked so darn cute in it I had to buy it!
Well the next day we woke up bright and early so that we could set up our Karnaxis booth. Andrew put up the banners and set out he bowl full of candy to bribe people to come check out our game. I set up a game on one of the hundred tables they had, at first I thought it might be hard to get people to play the game since no one had ever heard it before but when we asked them if they wanted to play they instantly said yes, sat down and were ready for some fun. So for the entire day people were playing Karnaxis! It was awesome, we got really good responses and I have decided that I like board game geeks! They are the nicest people, honestly they really are. I would sit down and play with them and we were instantly friends, yes some of them... well most of them were kind of odd but we were all there to have fun and that's what we did.
Check out our cool Karnaxis t-shirts, you wish you had one too don't ya?!
Later that day the girls and I left Andrew at the SaltCon and we headed down to Midvale to celebrate Kelsie's 18th birthday. It was a fun evening with yummy food and good company--I feel like I'm always saying that, I guess that's what's important to me. The girls loved hanging out with their cousins and like always I didn't see Leah for the rest of the evening because she was having too much fun with Maren.
Kelsie the birthday girl. It's crazy to think that she is already 18, it doesn't seem like that long ago that I was meeting her for the first time, she was 3 years old then. She sure has grown into a beautiful young woman, we love her and are excited to see where her life takes her from here.
Kelsie sure is a popular girl, she had several guests and lots of fun presents. We got her an Ikea gift card, I figure everyone headed to college should swing by there for their apartment furnishings.
After dinner and presents it was time for the cake, it was beautiful too! Stacy did a great job baking the redvelvet cake and making the delicious cream cheese frosting, Whitney adorned it with beautiful white roses. It was "classy" as Kelsie would say.
It was a great weekend, our President's Day weekends always are. Thanks everyone in UT for putting up with us this weekend and for all your hospitality. We made some new friends at the SaltCon and we are just that much closer to making Karnaxis as big a game as Monopoly. ;) Cross your fingers!















4 comments:
I was wishing that I was sitting at that table playing the game with you. The photo of the cake is beautiful. You are getting better with every one that you take. I love the photo with Lily's foot kicked up high in the air. We are hoping that you will decide to come back in two weeks. Thanks for all the help last weekend. You are an amazing girl!
What happens in two weeks? Is that Gabe's baptism? I like all the pictures too. I hadn't realized it, but your pictures are better. Of course the girls are always so cute how can you help it.
I love the picture of Andrew and the girls in the pool. So cute of Leah. I love her bikini. If I had little girls they would wear bikinis too, like I did.
It was a fun weekend.
Geeks really are cool and nice. I was in band all through jr. high, high school, and college because it just attracts really nice people. I guess that makes me a geek. ;) Glad you guys got to go to a game convention and have a little get away. That would have been fun to attend with you guys. I did notice your t-shirts before you mentioned them and it made me smile! hehe You guys are fun!
Post a Comment