Wednesday, February 6, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


Yes it WAS Andrew's birthday yesterday. It was a three day affair. First on Sunday when he recieved his first present from me.....
He has wanted this game for some time now. It is a more difficult and more advanced version of clue. It is a really fun and we got to play it with the fam on Sunday during the Super Bowl. Yes we had a Super Bowl party and didn't watch the Super Bowl. Oh well...

The festivities continued to Monday when it was a combined party with Josh Jorgensen and Andrew. Both got clothes along with a nice comfy blanket from Sara. Oh yes and there were many Gummy Bears to be had. (one of Andrew's favorites)

Yesterday, February 5th, Andrew and I decided to go down town to Gateway Mall and do a little browsing and finally settled on McGrath's Fish House for dinner.



The food was absolutely delicious! Andrew ordered BBQ salmon and ribs and I ordered the beer battered shrimp and steak! Talk about melt in your mouth! It was one of the best dinners we have ever had. We then decided to go to a movie that started at 5:10 so we had to hurry and finish the meal and pack up the left overs. We rushed to see.....


"I AM LEGEND" Now did I mention we had Leah? We were a little late to the movie so we were barely sat down when the scariness had already begun. Out of nowhere there was this loud BANG!!! and then silence except for a very small child screaming her lungs out!! yes, it was Leah experiencing her first thriller. We hurried and pulled her out of her stroller so we could hold her. I swear movies are louder and louder these days! She couldn't handle it at first but then Andrew took her up to the top of the movie theatre so that he could hold her and stand at the same time.... leaving me down by myself watching this super terrifying movie! Needless to say I was closing my eyes and plugging my ears like a 2 year old alone in the dark. Apparantly as soon as Andrew stood up and walked up to the back, Leah was zonked. He came back down when he realized he left his wife alone during a scary movie. Leah slept the rest of the show pretty much, we just had to cover her ears and hold her close. I had no idea that movie was going to be so intense or I would never have thought to bring Leah with us. All in all it was a fun adventure. I do feel guilty for exposing Leah to such a movie. But for adults, it's a pretty good show!


1 comment:

Alan and Shelley said...

Hmm, sounds so familiar, walking the aisle or at the very top of the theatre with an upset child. Do you remeber Hook? Alan spent the entire movie at the top of the theatre watching Zack go back and forth between the rows of seats. Zack did no understand the importance of sitting in the theatre. And don't think he was the only one. Morgan was terrible too after she got too old to be nursed through the entire movie. So we had to quit movies for the period of time when our children were between one and four.