Saturday, October 22, 2011

Disneyland Day 3

Our last day at Disneyland was just as fun but a little more relaxed. We knew the few rides we needed to go on and headed there first. Toy Story's Midway Games. It was the longest ride we had to wait in, not sure why they don't have a Fast Pass for it, we waited over an hour. While we were in line I had the girls pose in this Toy Box.


When I turned around, there was Woody, unfortunately I only got his backside.

Good thing there was Mr. Potato Head to entertain us while waiting in line. Apparently there is a real guy controlling him, because at one point he was talking to someone specific in the line.

Finally getting our 3D glasses for the ride.


About to go in, I was with Lily and Sara and Leah were right behind me facing the other direction. This ride was worth the wait, it was like being in your own video game. You shoot those cannon type things by pulling a string and on the screen in front of you shoots balls, hoops and other items to knock down targets earning points. It was really fun, I had to help Lily and show her what to do, most her balls went really high but she did get a few points. Andrew ended up winning out of the eight competing, BIG SURPRISE!

After our California Adventure (Grizzly River Run, Wilderness Explorer) We went back to Disneyland to have delicious hand dipped corn dogs and a funnel cake. After lunch we went to the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyers Island. 



I didn't get a picture but there were a lot of tunnels and secret spaces where pirates had hid their treasure. It was fun for the girls, they had a good time. 

After that we ran to catch the end of the Jedi Training in Tomorrowland.  



We figured we had better start thinking about saving a space for the parade that night so we went back to Sleeping Beauties castle to get some pictures and pick a spot. 




Sara took Leah to the Princess shop to get her her birthday gift, little Sleeping Beauty complete with dresses, shoes and other accessories. She also got a free Birthday Pin that she wore a total of five minutes.

While Sara saved our spot, the rest of us went back to Tomorrowland to redeem our Fast Passes for Autotopia. I rode with Lily, Leah with Andrew and Zack by himself. I had Lily drive and infront of us was Leah driving. So let's just say it was a crazy crazy ride!

Waiting to get going. 

It was Insta-Smile as soon as I pushed on the gas.

While we were driving Lily would fail to turn with the curve and it would send us bouncing back and forth quite a few times, good thing we had our seat belts on!

After our wild ride we went back to wait for the parade, just before the parade started we were told that we had to move from our spot because they were preparing for the fireworks later that night so we had to move! It was so disappointing because I was really looking forward to this parade. I caught a few pictures but they are really blurry, hopefully you can tell who they are.






After the parade we went to do some souvenir shopping and then the fireworks, Leah still talks about the fireworks and Tinkerbell flying through the sky. The streets were so crowded afterwards we could hardly move, but we made it to the Bengal BBQ for some delicious kabobs. We debated whether to stay for the Memories show but decided against it and went home, we were worn out and Sara had to be to the airport at around 6:30am. What a great time we had at Disneyland, looking forward to going back when the girls are older, for an all new experience. Since being back many people have asked if I regretted going with our girls being so young, I quickly respond with NO WAY! It was totally worth it and there were plenty of rides for them to go on and I didn't feel jipped either, it was such a fun vacation and hope to remember the good times we had for the rest of my life. 

3 comments:

Alan and Shelley said...

I love Lily's 3D glasses. Glad you guys went and had so much fun. I think it's worth it.

sara said...

Heck Ya it was worth it! Silly people. I loved it, sore feet and all.

Snelders said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I agree with you, the kids are definitely not too young. All of our kids loved it too - in fact all 3 of them still talk about it and ask to go back!